does something override a template that is applied?

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

2017-02-20 21:28

Tags : :

I started doing my work without having used templates, so now I'm trying to rectify that. But at times I'm having a difficulty getting templates to apply. For example, in one section all of my paragraphs are currently set to be 2.60 "From margin". I've created a new paragraph template that puts them 3.50 "From margin". I use the drop-down menu to apply the new paragraph format, but the distance from margin does not change in the paragraph setting. Some experimentation shows that changes to the font DO take effect; but the margin is not changed, however. Is there something that would override the settings of my new template? 
Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

2017-02-21 00:39

I guess that the respective settings in those paragraphs are different from the standard template. Therefore, when applying another template, only the formats that are identical with the old standard will be changed to the new standard, while the individual settings are kept (this is normally what you want).
In order to override those individual settings, please use Format - Default paragraph format.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

2017-02-21 02:31

Thank you. I selected all the text I have written thus far and then applied Format - Default paragraph format. After that, my templates seem to work. I'm not sure I completely understand it, but I'm getting closer and this problem was solved. Thanks again!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help